Preliminary results indicate that ten EMC athletes excelled during the provincial athletics event on Saturday . These athletes were selected to represent the Eastern Province on the next level which is the COSACSA NATIONA TRACK & FIELDS Event (9th – 11th March, Limpopo). The EMC athletes who excelled are:
- Anelisiwe Qaza (Graaff-Reinet) – 400m junior females
- Ruwaida Williams (Graaff-Reinet) – 800m junior females
- Mandilakhe Nel (TDX) – 800m & 1500m senior males
- Zolani Ngqaqa (Charles-Goodyear)– 1500m & 5000m senior males
- Thandisile Xhoshoma (TDX) – 3000m senior males
- Kyle Sparks (Graaff-Reinet) – javelin junior males
- Mawanda Mhlaba (Graaff-Reinet) – long jump junior males
- Courtney Phillips (Graaff-Reinet) – shotput & discuss junior females
- Aba Malwande (Charles-Goodyear) – shotput senior males
- Thabisa Manene (Graaff-Reinet) – shotput & discuss senior females
These athletes will be attending a provincial athletics camp next week (venue to be confirmed) and on 9th March 2018 depart for Limpopo to represent the province. I want to take this opportunity to thank our College principal, Mr Van Heerden; EMC Deputy Principal Mr Hewana; SSS Acting Registrar, Ms Magxaka and all staff members who came to support our athletes. Special thanks to the SLOs’; Mr Vusumzi Daniels (EMC Team General Manager) and all those staff members who travelled with the students from Graaff-Reinet and Grahamstown.
We trust that our students, who will be part of TEAM EASTERN CAPE, will come back as overall winners just as we did during SUMMER GAMES in 2017! Best wishes to all who will be participating!